Phantom Class Forum

• May 18, 2024, 04:41:39 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Get some Pond Life,,,,,,,,Training 2nd April by Simon Childs  (Read 6514 times)

Justin

Get some Pond Life,,,,,,,,Training 2nd April by Simon Childs
« on: November 15, 2010, 03:03:33 PM »

Just an update on this event. It is still running and aSimon is still providing training on Saturday. If you're interested in coming can you please let me know - Phone 07762 319263 or email Justin@philipps.co.uk

The plan for Sunday is Our Open meeting on Sunday 3rd will start at 11.00 and there will be three races, finishing in time to get dinner for Mums! The briefing will be 10.15. Entry fee is £10. Lunch available. Free tea.

I'm not sure I can think of anything else to say, other than come and see our newly refurbished Clubhouse. Oh, and you don't even have to get your feet wet and there are fantastic walks around the pond for 'support staff'.

Thanks

Justin
Simon Childs has kindly agreed to run a training day at Frensham on the Saturday before the FPSC Phantom Open on the third April.

The aim of the day is to help people sail Phantoms faster on inland waters.

The Provisional Programme is;-

09.00 - Club Open
11.30 - Briefing - Rigged & Ready to sail
12.00 - Sailing
13.00 - Lunch
14.30 - Club Race Start
16.00 - Club Race Finish
16.30 - Video Feedback Session.

If people want to stay overnight please let me know and we'll try to find accommodation with members.

If here is interest then we'll organise something in the evening, possibly at the club or at a local curry house.
Options could be Quiz + Supper, Videos or Pub"n"Curry?

Let me know what you'd like and we'll try to make it happen. I do need to know approximate numbers soon.

We are also hoping to have a measurer at the club then to legitimise all those nice new Christmas goodies...........

See separate post on the Frensham Frenzy & Five for more early season sailing opportunities.....

Previously;

This is a repost of another post but in a more visible location.

Our new fledgeling Phantom Fleet at Frensham Pond Sailing Club has been offered a joint Open Meeting at Frensham on the 3rd April 2011.

It would be a joint meeting with our lark fleet and will be a great days sailing on a small, flukey, shifty pond in Surrey. If you can sail at Frensham you can sail anywhere - just ask Nick

There would be an option to join the club race on Saturday the 2nd and leave your boats at the club overnight. If there was enough interest we'd try to arrange a training session on pond sailing that afternoon.

We also have a Frensham Frenzy which is a handicap open meeting on the 2nd Sunday in March (the 13th) to which everyone would be welcome.

Finally, we also hold "the Frensham 5" a mini series leading up to the Frenzy and would welcome visitors wanting a bit of early season practice and warm up. This takes place over the weekends leading up to the Frenzy with the final details still to be finalised.

If you want to know anything more please don't hesitate to get in touch with me.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 10:14:19 AM by Justin »

JeremyH

Re: Get some Pond Life,,,,,,,,Training 2nd April by Simon Childs
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2011, 08:12:14 AM »

Hi,

will there be any Class approved measurers coming to the Frensham Training day or Open??  I need a sail measured and an Ovington Boat.  I believe there will be at least three Ovington boats seeking measurement ......

regards,

Jeremy

maxibuddah

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2011, 08:58:33 AM »

Jeremy, I was trying to get there on the sat with John Torrance to be trained up but I cannot make it as I need to get the brownie points in as you chose the open for mothers day....your fault. I should be there Sunday. I thought they Simon was a class measurer can't you just ask him?
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

JeremyH

« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2011, 09:07:52 AM »

If Simon is a class measurer, then that would be great as there should be a bit more time on the Sat. .....  for those of us who have given up any hope of getting out the doghouse for going sailing on Mothers Day  .....  In some ways I am lucky as my wife is a Kiwi and has an affinity for USA / Canada and Argentina as well, so there are still a few more mothers days to regain some points  (She feels she should recognise them all!!)

gordon Kingston

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2011, 11:11:13 AM »

Hi Jeremy
I am going to see my Mum this weekend and am negotiating with Wendy as not only is it Mothers day weekend but it is her Birthday!
So you really did pick a bad weekend.
Sunday should be OK but Saturday is pushing my luck although i could do with the help.
I will give you the bill for the extra expensive present required.
(She did not want a new Phantom sail for her present, dont understand it myself.)
Regards
Gordon

SChilds

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2011, 04:11:14 PM »

I can do some measuring Saturday if I remember to get my scales back from Titch, and print some forms !

See you there !!
Simon
1376- :-)

JeremyH

« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 04:14:06 PM »

Excellent .....  Many thanks Simon ....  just watch out for the rush!!  I have One Boat and one sail.

Justin

« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2011, 12:01:18 PM »

I've just been asked whether there are any charges for the training day - no this is FREE to all comers as Simon is donating his time (thanks Simon).

If you'd like to come please let me know and if you need overnight accommodation, please let me know in advance and I'll arrange something with members. Boats can be left at the club securely overnight.

Any queries, let me know.

Justin

Captain Slow

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2011, 12:30:11 PM »

Hi Justin

Hope all is well, I plan to be there on the Sunday all being well!

Nearly the weekend

Slow

xphantomphixer

• Spinnaker SC
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2011, 09:56:17 PM »

I plan to be there both days... :)  I need the help!

Phil
Between Boats.... :( 
Spinnaker SC

Cabbage

« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2011, 01:24:41 PM »

Unfortunately I can't make it for the training on the Saturday - and god knows I need all the training I can get !!

But, along with my old man, intending to be there for the open on the Sunday.

Rich.
Rich

xphantomphixer

• Spinnaker SC
« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2011, 07:48:03 AM »

Hi all,

Is the plan for the social shaping up?  Is the offer of a local place to crash still open?   ???

Phil
Between Boats.... :( 
Spinnaker SC

gordon Kingston

« Reply #12 on: April 01, 2011, 11:09:53 AM »

The weather looks better for the training and club race on Saturday than the Open on Sunday.
What's the best wind direction for Frensham?
Regards
Gordon

JeremyH

« Reply #13 on: April 01, 2011, 12:39:21 PM »

Hi phil ..  not heard any arrangment s for a social ...  suspect it is as no-one got back to Justin with numbers.  Regret I have to take #1 son to Slough for and Ice hockey game Sat night so will not be able to join any social event this time.  I will leave Justin to answer if something is on.

Re Gordons question ....  Best wind direction at Frensham is NE off the heath and worst is S or SSE ...  West to Southwest isnt too bad. ;D  But be ready for a few not so suttle shifts / gusts  ;D

gordon Kingston

« Reply #14 on: April 01, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »

Hi Jeremy
In that case I am glad its not blowing 22mph as was forecast earlier in the week.
Regards
Gordon
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up