Phantom Class Forum

• May 18, 2024, 03:18:53 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down

Author Topic: 19th & 20th March 2011 Saturday Phantom Open followed by Exmoor Beastie  (Read 14336 times)

xphantomphixer

• Spinnaker SC

It was my first visit to Wimbleball.  Despite the silly name, it was a great open - just a shame I couldn't stay for the Beastie.  Maybe Next year...  :)  A truley delightful club.

Thanks to all at the club for a great event,  To Jan and Simon et all for looking after us so well.  An excellent day out!

Phil
Between Boats.... :( 
Spinnaker SC

jez_Southwold

• Southwold Sailing Club

Congrats to Simon on his Beastie win!

I hope the open event went well, who won the writing  the report prize?!(traditionally 5th place on the Eastern Series) if you send it my way I'll get it on the front page and Y&Y asap.

Cheers,

Jez

jeztaylor01@hotmail.com
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 03:59:58 PM by jez_Southwold »
Jez - 1259 "Sweet Chariot"

maxibuddah

Pete Barnstable did....he was warned so hopefully he will pull his finger out.
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

gordon Kingston

Hi Simon
Now that makes sense to me, picking your boat on comfort levels for conditions and sod the handicap.
That must be a sign of common sense creeping in or is it old age?
Well done for both events.
Regards
Gordon

Pete B

Pete Barnstable did....he was warned so hopefully he will pull his finger out.

Oh bother, are you sure it's down to the 5th place guy.
If it is, the rest of you better tell me what happened. I was too far in front in the first race :) and too far behind in the second and third :(

Coastbuster

Thanks for that Pete! ;D

A personal note of thanks to all who turned up and competed at both events over the weekend.  As usual, good banter and one of the best couple of days sailing for a long time.

One question.  Of the house guests on Saturday who is going to fess up to this?

I spoke with my neighbour today and apologised for the crowded parking.  She said that was fine but they were a bit surprised when a total stranger walked in to their lounge, apologised and walked out again cos the eejit had walked in to the wrong house!!!!! :o

Any takers?  Slow denies it which on my book leaves Maxi or Superlube.  We are waiting!!!! :D

maxibuddah

it wasn't me, I would have put my money on Slow, you know how much he tells porkies... ;)

Well if it wasn't him it must have superlube...never looked like he was with it all weekend, or was it Mark he had a shifty look on his face all night???

Saying that though Rita was there before anyone else, maybe he got it wrong and never thought to mention it. More embarassing than taking your wifes passport to Holland?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2011, 07:11:30 PM by maxibuddah »

Pete B

Ok, seems I am doing the report / results.

I have Simon and Slow's version of events at the sharp end. Amazingly they almost concur. If anybody else wants to chip in their threepenny worth please pm me.

springer

It wasn't me, honest guv ::)

Rita

Captain Slow

My money is on Prolube...................................

As Bubba said he was confused to where we were and why we were there for most of the weekend  ;D

Slooow

Coastbuster

Is Prolube a better badge of honour than superlube?  Or have I just got my lubricants mixed. ;)

Whatever it must have been what Jones had on his hands when he took my Phantom off its trolley and career down the hill into the K1 like a runaway train! 

Why would Rita take my wifes passport with him? ??? ;D

maxibuddah

maybe its better than taking his wifes passport with him?

Timandrews

as far as i'm aware it wasn't me, i'm going with one of the dirty smokers (slow or bubba) they had ample opportunities to sample all your neighbours lounges!

great weekend, only just managed to get over seeing slows trousers down by his knees though, how young does he think he is??

Prolube

maxibuddah

as far as i'm aware it wasn't me,
Prolube

there you go, guilty as charged!

Nope definitely not me, I can remember everything. Simon do you have an estimate of the time that this happened? Could it have been Phil getting confused? Was it post beer monstering?

As for Slow, mid-life crisis...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up