Phantom Class Forum

• May 24, 2024, 03:43:45 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 19th & 20th March 2011 Saturday Phantom Open followed by Exmoor Beastie  (Read 14370 times)

xphantomphixer

• Spinnaker SC

This all seems to be coming together really well!   :D

Where does the 6 nations decider fit in?  It starts at 1700, so we should be off the water ( I hope!) :o  but it could be a rush to get to a pub.....   :-\   Does the clubhouse have a big TV or something that would do the job?   

Phil
Between Boats.... :( 
Spinnaker SC

gordon Kingston

Hi Simon
See technical questions please add to list of excuses.
Will you be banditing in a K1 for the beastie?
Are you using the new Phantom handicap as the steamer appears to have used 1035.
Good luck all attending.
Regards
Gordon

Coastbuster

Gordon sorry to hear your tale of woe.  In answer to your question- it is possible I may be yachting in a well ballasted vessel. Mind you that can be said of most Phantoms so I will leave you guessing.  As to the K1 whether it is a bandit or not,  I think others will have to be the judge of that.  If it is then it would mean that it is an even better design than it at first appears.  I think it has a lot of potential and is just an interesting and rewarding boat to sail.

More importantly,  The Rugby has been highlighted by Phil.  I do not know the reception up at the Club but I think there is a good chance of making it back to my abode around kick off.  Bearing in mind this is where the beer is and a modest 37 " TV is available to view I will try and encourage the race officer and competitors to be prompt and expeditious. ;D  Should we require more time it will be recorded and viewable later, but before curry!

Even more reason for people to attend.  There are very few things that could make the weekend better.  I can assure you that is not on offer by the sponsor or anyone els :-[e!

See you all there.  Paul Lester if you read this PM me please I have some business for you.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:11:20 PM by Coastbuster »

maxibuddah

Right then with that in mind, no black flags, 45 minute races and round Simon's in time for lashing of real ale and rugger, and that was spelt right.....
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

maxibuddah

Notice of race and other local information posted via the front page of the site. See you on saturday

springer

Hi Maxi,   do us a favour and post the SI's for Wimbleball please,   ??? 2 copies of NOR is boring :D

Rita

maxibuddah

sorry lost it somewhere near your passport I think Rita.
Should be corrected now but can't say that its anymore interesting

springer

Thanks Maxi,  I never lost "Rita'S" passport, :) mine, well that's a another story ;D

maxibuddah

Rita, I said I'd lost it near 'your' passport, not near the wife's. your glasses must be there too

Light and Shifty

Hi Simon, I will coming along for the open on Saturday, can't make both days but I have a pass out for one so I have chosen the open.  Really forward to it.

See you on Saturday

Coastbuster

Well done Gavin,

Look forward to seeing you there ;D

Phantom Titch

• Administrator
  • Phantom Titch

Really sorry guys, but won't make it this year :'(

Pressurs of work, trying to get parts out of Japan ::)

C U all later in the year ;)

Titch :-*
Old age, Seamanship & Fat will always overcome Youth, Skill & Exuberance ~ Mostly

Captain Slow

A quick thank you to the lovely Hawkes family for their superb hospitality and Wimbleball Sailing Club for putting on a great open and an interesting mystery tour Beastie! An excellent weekend with some 'quality moments!'

My favourite -

Group of Phantom sailors "we have 2 hrs till the start what shall we do"

"Lets go and take this p1ss out of Simon and his 2.4"

Group walks over to Simons 2.4............ As they arrive Simons Phantom comes down the slope and crashes into his 2.4!

Slow

maxibuddah

Got to agree with you there Slow, a fine comedy boat crunching moment. I was reminded of it just a minute ago when on Top Gear  a Romanian reversed an artic into a small car

Timandrews

Indeed, great weekend, thoroughly enjoyed it!

you won't be needing any ibuprofen tonight Simon after your leisurely sitting down sail round the cans!!

Pro-lube
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up