Phantom Class Forum

• May 18, 2024, 04:24:23 PM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 19th & 20th March 2011 Saturday Phantom Open followed by Exmoor Beastie  (Read 14337 times)

maxibuddah

Re: 19th & 20th March 2011 Saturday Phantom Open followed by Exmoor Beastie
« Reply #15 on: January 14, 2011, 07:39:11 PM »

bloomin hell Andy, didn't know that Lasers were that multi purpose a dinghy?
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

goffy

« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2011, 09:08:36 PM »

i have got a pass out for the whole weekend so baring lousy weather forecast that weekend i am hoping to be there for both days

can someone down there recommend somewhere to rest my weary head for the saturday night that is not too pricey

cant wait

goffy (aka eric)
Pete 1273

maxibuddah

« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2011, 10:59:15 PM »

I loved that documentary about you and Earnie over the festive period, very enlightening especially about the early days with your mother. Have you perfected the bag trick yet, cos if you have I'm sure anyone will take you in?

goffy

« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2011, 07:26:16 PM »

no sorry havent perfected the bag trick yet   ::)

Pete 1273

maxibuddah

« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2011, 08:15:04 PM »

still got a month or so

Coastbuster

« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 05:18:24 PM »

All
Re the Phantom Open prior to the Beastie

Final preparations are in hand and the support shown so far for the events look excellent.
In an effort to keep the costs to a minimum for the competitors and the fact that Phantom devotees appear to be travelling a long way for the event the entry fee for the day is set at £7!!!  Goodness I hear you all gasp?  But this includes your lunch which will be hot with two choices.
The Beastie the following day has an entry fee of £6!! How can we do this I hear you all ask?  Simples!  The Clubs simple wish is for you to come and enjoy our lovely lake and surroundings, good racing and social for as little as we can manage.
Free accommodation is available at my humble abode in Taunton but will require a lilo/camp bed and sleeping bag. A few beds are available but will be allocated on merit, on the night (this could include outstanding acts of sportsmanship, heroic feats or simple entertainment value from the days exploits).
Breakfast will be provided and will be substantial enough to see you through the three hour Beastie.  Gordon Keyworth will provide any overflow floor space in the nearby town of Wellington should it be required. This will only require a short trip and transport is being provided at the end of the night.
Having explored the pub idea sadly a suitable price for all was not available with required  vacancies which is why we have gone down this route.  Wimbleball is quite isolated and local facilities are at quite a premium.
The intention is for the Saturday evening between the open and the Beastie to enjoy the company of as many competitors as possible.  It is intended to have sponsor beer available to compliment the ordering of Indian or similar from good outlets in the town for delivery. This will be at my house so no driving will be involved.
For those with insatiable thirst the visit to a renowned local hostelry will be available later and is well within walking distance.( approximately 5 minutes and 37 seconds on the way there!)
You will be pleased to hear my lovely wife Jan will be cooking the lunch rather than me!  Should there be any specific dietary requirements please let me know so we can assist.
By my reckoning the total cost is £13 plus fuel and meal for Saturday night and some of your alcohol intake.
I don’t think you can go to the Cinema for that!  Those travelling extra long distance are welcome to a bed on the Friday if required although the intention is not to start the first race before 1130hrs.
For those who wish to stay please can you PM me to assist with numbers.  Should anyone wish to stay in B & B or Hotels again PM me if you require any recommendations.
For those that may travel with a motorhome (you know who you are Lord and Lady Titch) a slightly sloping drive and electric hook up can be provided.
Any questions call me or PM.
Looking forward to seeing lots of you.
Regards Simon.

;D

goffy

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 07:38:51 PM »

simon

PM sent

cheers

goffy
Pete 1273

maxibuddah

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2011, 04:14:17 PM »

Simon, do the two events count as one overall for the travellers, or do they both count separately (to create events for the travellers) or does the open only count with the Beastie just being something to do?

Also can you let us know the full line up yet for the travellers and how many discards there will be?

Coastbuster

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2011, 10:51:42 AM »

The Wimbleball Phantom Open amd Beastie are fast approaching.

A couple of questions have arisen.  The Open event is the counting event for the Southern Travellers series.
The Beastie is just a chance to warm down after the event on the Sunday.

Most worryingly of all I have spoken to our sponsor and he is so proud of you all he is providing a barrell on the Saturday night!!!!!

This will be a full barrell before you get smart.

We look forward to welcoming all of you to our events and ask you make a special effort as this is our inaugural event.

As regards the travellers series I will advise of events to count shortly when things are finalised.

Regards Simon.

Coastbuster

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2011, 11:18:32 AM »

Oh by the way I have updated the 2011 book of excuses and some of the additions that wont be accepted are
I cant come I am too busy stirring up trouble in the Middle East--Slow
I cant see the course or drive-MrWilde
Ive got too much on- Mr Barnstable
What about my babies-Lady Titch
Pardon?- Mr Hare I know how much they cost!
Ahh, gurgle--hmmmph woffle--POISONOUS MONKEY!- Mr Case
I am stranded due to a tropical storm over Brazil-Bert
I have an identity crisis- Rita and Mike Tustin (slo-lo)
We are still in hibernation-Anyone east of Frensham
But there no tide times-any sea sailors
Oh Bu**er , thats a long way Ive not bin well tha knows-Westom
Ive never heard of it-Anyone with their head in the sand
I have not perfected the bag trick yet-Eric (Goffy)
I only respond to Blackberry text and e-mail- Big and Lardy
I cant be arsed looking at the forecast-Childs family
Its quite a way from Dorset-Mr Fulcher(if you can fly out to Holland for an event you can make it to Devon/Somerset
What date was it?- Jeff and Blackie( Vandercraft)
There are low bridges and a car park height restriction-You know who you are!
I am too tired from showboating at the Tiger-NC ;D
I dont get out much these days-Light and Shifty
I'll let you know of any more that spring up
Cheers Simon

Coastbuster

OK peeps!

The time is nigh and it would be good to know some numbers for catering and accomodation.
So far requiring accomodation we have
Rita
Tim
Sloooow
Maxi
Westom
Andy Gregory
Andrew Wilde hopefully?
Justin?
If you are expecting to come just put your name down. As I said this is for catering purposes.
If the weather is with us this will be a great start to the season.

Look forward to seeing you all there.

Simon.

Chris Bottomley

Simon,

Might actually make this one!  Was going to use the causing trouble in the Middle East excuse but fly back from Saudi tonight.

Won't need accomodation- can probably find my way back to cvilisation in Somerset.

Greetings from Riyadh.

Chris
Chris

Chris Bottomley

PS

Are any measurers likely to be in attendance at WImbleball?  Sails done but I need someone to measure the hull (Ovington) and help me get off the list of shame.

Chris
Chris

Captain Slow

Hi Chris

I bet your glad to be coming home! Enjoy the airport! Make sure you stand in single file!

Nick

Timandrews

Hi all,

i could also do with getting my hull measured up if anyone can this weekend? sail is done but hull isnt, its a new ovington so should be fine but you never know!

cheers

Tim 1375
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up