Phantom Class Forum

• May 13, 2024, 04:21:44 AM
  • Welcome, Guest
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Inlands-the aftermath!  (Read 2731 times)

'One-Pint'

Inlands-the aftermath!
« on: April 29, 2012, 02:41:22 PM »

So. As I write this, I await the arrival of the RAC, having made it around 1/3 of the way home! Bummer >:(

At least I didn't break the boat. Amazingly robust for it's age! I'm glad I made the effort. Ironically, the factor that pushed me on to go despite the forecast was the promised delivery of shackles to Tim, who had found one anyway!

Do I struggle on with the old boat? Do I get an Ovi if I'm serious? Am I wrong to persevere with a boat that's too big for me? Same questions I asked myself after the Nationals last year.

I got a real sense of a division in the class over the venue for the Inlands. I'd not seen any discussion about this but it's a shame the numbers were low if being southwest was the reason.

I've had a good time, thanks. CVLSC were very organized and mob-handed right down to trolley handling. Good venue.

See you on the water soon!

Andrew

4 Ply

springer

Re: Inlands-the aftermath!
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2012, 04:29:14 PM »

My thanks also to CVLSC,  well organised, well run, just more wind than my skill level could cope with ;D

Rita

One Life

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2012, 05:01:31 PM »

Thanks very much to Coastbuster for all the work he put into organising this one. Chew Valley SC is a great venue and did us proud. Only two downers on the weekend, not enough of us there >:( and to much wind to race sunday............oh and busting my goose neck before race 3.... :( :(.

'One-Pint'

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2012, 05:41:12 PM »

....still at Strensham ....
4 Ply

maxibuddah

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2012, 06:22:12 PM »

It's a lovely services Onepint..

Thanks also to everyone at chew, especially those who pulled me out. Sorry to those in the rib that nearly got decapitated by my flying boat, hope they have recovered their composure.
Everything I say is my own opinion, honest.

'One-Pint'

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2012, 10:08:08 PM »

Finally home 9hrs after leaving the club! What a day
4 Ply
Pages: [1]   Go Up